If we were having coffee, i’d tell you i’ve been nominated for my first Liebster Award! Hooray! “What’s a Liebster Award?” you say? It’s an award given out by fellow bloggers to recognise and promote new or up and coming blogs. It’s been around since 2011 and essentially acts like a chain letter, paying the love forward. I’ll admit I normally steer clear of chain letters and those silly status things that get pasted all over Facebook.. meh.. but I like the intention behind this award and the chance to promote other blogs. The Daily Post has a nice intro to blogger awards here. Rules The rules of the Liebster Award have evolved over time - some examples here - but here are the rules as received in my nomination:
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you think deserve it.
- Let these bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Give your 11 questions to the nominees.
Acknowledgement I received the nomination from talented author and Disney aficionado Jaysen of Jaysen Headley Writes. Admittedly I was a bit slow on the uptake as Wordpress doesn’t notify you when your blog is linked in a post, unless the link is to a specific post. I’m sincerely honoured nonetheless. The Q&As set by Jaysen Q: Which Disney film do you hope they make a live action film out of? A: They did such a good job with The Jungle Book, i’m sure either a Lilo & Stitch or Big Hero 6 live action film would be brilliant. Q: Favorite Disney Princess? A: Either Merida from Brave or Belle from Beauty & The Beast since they’re both strong, independent women. Q: What album are you currently listening to on repeat? A: The GRRR! Greatest Hits album by The Rolling Stones, particularly Jumpin’ Jack Flash as inspired by the May MAGS that I procrastinated over yet again Q: What time of day do you do your best work? A: In the late coffee-fuled evening Q: You can have any animal in the world as a pet. Which do you choose? A: I thought about some of the animals I love - cheetahs, red squirrels, lemurs, sloths - but I couldn’t bear to keep any of them as a pet. Our tortoiseshell cat, Chocolat, seems pretty happy so i’ll keep her. Q: What is the best thing that has happened to you this month? A: I got the all clear: no hernia developing. Q: Favorite late night snack? A: “Cracking Cheese Gromit!” Q: Who is someone you try to model your life after? A: I greatly admire my dad: He’s a kind-hearted, selfless, wonderful man. Q: What one piece of advice would you give 10 year old you? A: Keep doodling and drawing. You will regret letting it slide years later. Q: Would you rather go to Hogwarts or Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters? A: Oh come on! That’s too hard! Assuming I was a mutant then Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, otherwise “Mischief Managed!” Q: Favorite scripted television show? A: Stargate SG-1, with the modern Battlestar Galactica a close second 11 Facts About Me I’ll cheat here and simply regurgitate the 13 facts I read out of our Wedding booklet in my Live Post recently:
- I hold a Batchelor of Arts degree in Computer Games Design (Story Development)
- My favourite romantic film is You’ve Got Mail
- I once nearly drowned going to the shops for a loaf of bread (true story)
- Growing up I wanted to be a palaeontologist
- My favourite colour is red, but my favourite colour to wear is blue
- I have a fetish for wearing brightly coloured odd socks
- I once sobered up walking home ten miles from Central London (I regularly do it in 3 hours now - sober!)
- My favourite place in London is the Natural History Museum
- My favourite anime is Cowboy Bebop
- Polka dots make me queasy
- My favourite album is Moseley Shoals by Ocean Colour Scene
- I like point and click adventure games like Broken Sword
- My favourite book ever is A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin
Nominate 11 Blogs The rules are to nominate new or up and coming blogs (less than 200 followers). Since most of the bloggers I follow are well established and I don’t reliably know follower stats anyway this is proving difficult. Instead, i’ll highlight a handful of blogs that are potentially less well known but a joy to read nonetheless:
- Autism and Expectations
- On Emotion and Poetry
- Good Vibrations
- La Tour Abolie
- Karen Thorburn Photography
I appreciate a chain-letter style post such as this wouldn’t suit the format of some of these blogs. I’ll simply ask that they - and you, dear reader - give a shoutout to your favourite blogs in the comments below. You can see mine over there in the sidebar - they’re all fantabulous, trust me ;-) The (optional) Questions On Blogging / Writing
- Why did you start blogging / writing?
- Where do you find inspiration?
- Which of your posts are you most proud of?
- What one thing are you most excited about this year?
- What has been the happiest moment in your life so far?
- Is there something you dream of doing but have yet to work up the courage?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you?
- If you could tell a special person in your life how much they mean to you, what would you say?
- When was the last time you helped someone?
- What does ‘home’ mean to you?
- What does the space where you do your blogging look / smell / sound / feel like?
I hope you’ve enjoyed this slightly different post (I actually scheduled it!) What do you think of these blogger awards? What do you think of the blog? (Be honest)